You are here
Maine DNP Programs
Search By Zip Code
- Washington, D.C.
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Maine DNP Programs
Maine recently began offering the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree program through the University of Southern Maine. Currently, this is the only DNP program in the state, and it is offered at the Portland campus.
The goal of Maine's DNP program is to prepare graduates to provide an advanced level of transformative nursing care, and to take on leadership and policy roles in healthcare. The program, like many others, emphasizes evidence-based practice.
Curriculum and Degree Requirements
Currently, the University of Southern Maine DNP program offers only one entry-point for post-MSN applicants, though in the future the program plans to offer other pathways, such as BSN to DNP. The program may be completed full-time or part-time, and consists of 43 credits. 1,000 clinical hours must be completed to obtain this degree, including 500 completed during the individual's master's level education. Students are also required to complete a final capstone project.
Admission requirements for this DNP program are as follows:
- Master's degree from an accredited program
- Minimum 3.20 GPA
- "B" or better in graduate level statistics course taken within 5 years of application
- Scores from MAT or GRE taken within 5 years of application
- Applicants who are not primarily English speakers: TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Completed application with essay describing motivation for DNP
- Current resume
- Formal interview
- Three letters of recommendation
- Evidence of unencumbered RN license
- Evidence of current national advanced practice certification
- Two sets of official transcripts from all attended colleges/universities
Tuition for in-state graduate students currently costs $380 per credit. The cost for out-of-state students is higher at $1,026 per credit. New England residents and Canadian residents can enroll in courses for $570 per credit hour.
On-Campus & Online DNP Schools
Other ME Schools with DNP Programs
No additional known locations.