Beaufort Community College
5337 Hwy 264 East
Washington, North Carolina 27889
See featured schools
See program details
Nursing Programs OfferedADN Programs
ADN Program Details
The graduate of the Associate Degree nursing program at Beaufort County Community College is prepared to meet the educational competencies defined by the National League for Nursing and the Nurse Practice
Act of North Carolina. The practice of nursing is directed toward meeting the healthcare needs of individuals throughout their lifespan. The ADN prepared nurse’s role is characterized by evidence-based clinical practice
with the provision of care for individuals and families in structured settings. The graduates of the nursing program demonstrate the competencies identified by the National League of Nursing (2000) and the Institute of Medicine (2005) to provide nursing care.
LPN Program Details
Upon successful completion of the Beaufort County Community College Practical Nursing Program, the graduate will be able to:
1. Participate in the planning of nursing care activities by providing resource data and/or identifying evidence based, culturally competent nursing interventions and goals for review by the registered nurse.
2. Perform nursing skills safely and competently in order to achieve the goals identified in the patient's plan of care.
3. Participate in evaluating effectiveness of nursing interventions as established in the healthcare plan.
4. Demonstrate effective communication while working cooperatively with patients, as well as the RN, and other healthcare providers.
5. Participate in the teaching and counseling of patients as assigned by a registered nurse, physician, or other qualified professional licensed to practice in North Carolina.
6. Implement care within the legal-ethical parameters of practical nursing.
7. Document patient care accurately.
8. Provide data essential to the process of continuous quality improvement.