Fayette County Area Vocational Technical School
175 Georges Fairchance Road
Uniontown, Pennsylvania 15401
See featured schools
See program details
Nursing Programs OfferedLPN Programs
LPN Program Details
The Graduate of the Fayette County Career & Technical Institute Practical Nursing Program will demonstrate entry-level competencies as a health care member by:
1. Collecting data to assess the physical, emotional, spiritual and socio-cultural needs of the client.
2. Collaborating with appropriate health care personnel when deviations in the clients health care status are identified.
3. Documenting pertinent data as a method to contribute to clients holistic needs.
4. Assisting with the development of a nursing plan of care based on well defined nursing diagnosis.
5. Implementing family center ethical nursing care based in priority of needs.
6. Utilizing therapeutic communication when instructing the client on their comprehensive health care needs.
7. Evaluating the clients emotional and spiritual response to the prescribed medical and nursing plan of care.
8. Seeking Opportunities that promote professional & personal growth.
9. Assuming legal accountability by complying with the scope of practice as outlined in the Nurse Practice Act.
10. Supervising the delegation of duties to ancillary help in the health care setting.
11. Participating in organized activities in society that promote the growth of nursing and community health.