Flint Hills Area Technical College
3301 West 18th Avenue
Emporia, Kansas 66801
See featured schools
See program details
Nursing Programs OfferedLPN Programs
LPN Program Details
The mission of the Practical Nursing program is to prepare students for entry-level positions in the nursing field and advancement in their chosen career. Students will participate in planned and supervised experiences directed toward performing nursing measures with precision, safety and efficiency consistent with nursing concepts and practices. Clinical practice is correlated with basic therapeutic knowledge and introductory content from the biological and behavioral sciences.
KSPN Program Outcomes:
1. Provide nursing care within the scope of the ethical and legal responsibilities of practical nursing.
2. Utilize the nursing process to identify basic needs of the client throughout the life span for health promotion and maintenance, or when biological, spiritual, cultural and psychosocial needs are not being met.
3. Provide safe and skillful therapeutic care in simple nursing situations based on knowledge of biological, cultural, spiritual, and psychosocial needs of the client throughout the lifespan.
4. Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with the client, the client's family, and members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
5. Demonstrate responsibilities of the practical nurse as an individual who collaborates within the health care system and the community.