Greater Altoona Career and Technology Center
1500 Fourth Ave.
Altoona, Pennsylvania 16602
See featured schools
See program details
Nursing Programs OfferedLPN Programs
LPN Program Details
The Practical Nursing Program is a comprehensive, one year educational program that prepares graduates for employment as Licensed Practical Nurses in a wide variety of health-care settings. There is a two-year part-time program currently in operation.
The full-time program, which operates from August to August encompasses classroom and clinical instruction in all phases of direct patient care, including dispensing medication and IV Therapy. At the programs, completion, graduates are equipped to take the National Exam for Licensure. The Greater Altoona Career and Technology Center's Practical Nursing Program currently has a 94%-100% pass rate on this exam.
1. Graduate of an approved high school or G.E.D. equivalent. An official copy of high school transcript and/or GED test scores required.
2. Satisfactory completion of pre-admission aptitude test. (PSB) This test is given during the months of October through May on an as-needed basis each year in the Practical Nursing Department. Scores are valid for a period of 2 years.
3. Submission of three confidential references. Forms will be supplied at the time of aptitude testing. It is required that the evaluator send the reference directly to the school in an effort to maintain confidentiality.
4. Personal interview with faculty member.
5. Evidence of good physical, dental and mental health. (Determined by pre-admission examination by a physician, dentist, laboratory testing, drug screening and current immunization status. Certain minimal performance criterion is essential.
6. Healthcare Provider CPR Course Completion Card current through enrollment. NO exceptions. (Does not need to be submitted until after acceptance into the program.)
7. An acceptable PA and Federal Criminal Record Check and a PA Child Abuse History Clearance, current within three months of the first day of class.
8. Student must have evidence of U. S. Citizenship or legal immigration status. We do not enroll students with F-1 immigration status.