Minnesota State Community & Technical College
900 Minnesota 34
Fergus Falls, Minnesota 56501
See featured schools
See program details
Nursing Programs OfferedADN Programs
ADN Program Details
The Associate Degree Nursing Program is designed to prepare registered nurses to deliver nursing care in a variety of settings. The graduating nurse will be able to provide nursing care in the hospital, long-term care, clinics, community health, and other health-related facilities. Upon completion of the nursing program, an Associate of Science Degree is awarded by the college. Nursing graduates may apply to take the National Council Licensing Exam-RN (NCLEX-RN) following graduation. The Fergus Falls, Detroit Lakes and Wadena campuses are offering the two-year generic program. This program is designed for students with no previous nursing experience.
1. Manage safe, competent, holistic care for a diverse group of clients within the scope of the professional nurse.
2. Incorporate therapeutic communication in healthcare delivery.
3. Model self-directed, lifelong learning and professional development.
4. Apply leadership principles in the delegation of nursing care and supervision of nursing personnel.
5. Collaborate with the healthcare team to facilitate health promotion, maintenance, and restoration.
6. Incorporate evidence based information to support clinical decision making.
7. Utilize the nursing process to teach clients, family, community, and nursing personnel.
LPN Program Details
The Practical Nursing program prepares the student to practice within the scope of practical nursing under the supervision of a registered nurse. The student is taught to use the nursing process at the practical nurse level in the maintenance of health and prevention of illness, the observation and nursing care of persons experiencing changes in health status, and how to administer prescribed medication and treatments. The student will receive supervised learning experience in caring for individuals in a variety of health care settings, such as hospitals, long-term care facilities, and physician clinic settings to name a few examples. Minnesota State Community & Technical College offers an Associate in Applied Science degree in practical nursing on all four campuses. Students may choose to complete the Diploma in practical nursing track on the Detroit Lakes, Fergus Falls, and Wadena campuses. After successful completion of either track, graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for the Practical Nurse.
1. Provide safe, competent, holistic care to a diverse group of clients within the scope of practical nursing.
2. Demonstrate therapeutic communication.
3. Provide health promotion, maintenance, and restoration.
4. Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
5. Participate in lifelong learning and professional development.