New Hampshire Community Technical College - Nashua
505 Amherst Street
Nashua, New Hampshire 03063
See featured schools
See program details
Nursing Programs OfferedADN Programs
ADN Program Details
The Department of Nursing offers the opportunity to earn an Associate of Science Degree in Nursing, in preparation for the licensing exam (NCLEX-RN) to become a Registered Nurse. The program has Full Approval of the New Hampshire Board of Nursing and Initial Accreditation from the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc. (NLNAC), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, www.nlnac.org.
Upon completion of the degree in Nursing, graduates will be able to:
1. Plan and deliver individualized care to patients by integrating the nursing process and pertinent nursing knowledge, principles of teaching / learning, and preferences of patients or legal designees across the lifespan, diversity of culture, and the levels of prevention.
2. Practice collaboratively on the multi-professional health care team using principles of leadership across the disciplines and throughout the health care system to influence and facilitate conflict resolution and the establishment and achievement of shared goals.
3. Support a culture of continuous quality improvement by using data to monitor outcomes; identifying and reporting actual or potential problems; collaborating with the multi-professional team throughout the health care system; and developing evidence-based strategies for optimal practice.
4. Use health care system resources and technology, including information technology, time, policies and procedures, materials, and equipment, to coordinate and deliver individual and / or population-focused care that is effective and efficient.
5. Communicate clearly in goal-oriented, culturally-sensitive, caring, concise, and timely ways using written, verbal, non-verbal, and electronic modalities.
6. Demonstrate accountability for professional practice using legal, ethical, and regulatory guidelines and participate in activities that contribute to life-long learning.