Ranger Junior College - Early
300 Early Blvd Suite 105
Early, Texas 76802
See featured schools
See program details
Nursing Programs OfferedLPN Programs
LPN Program Details
Upon satisfactory completion of the program, the students will be awarded a Certificate of Completion which entitles the student to take the licensing examination given by the State Board of Nurse Examiners. Those passing this exam will be licensed to practice as an LVN. The VN program begins in August, with graduation in August of the next year.
Individuals interested in enrolling may come to the Brown County Ranger Center in Early, Texas and take the DET Exam . After passing the DET, you may pick up a packet containing all necessary information. Applications must be completed on-line and financial aid is available to those who qualify.
Requirements for initial application are:
1. A completed application
2. A satisfactory score on DET
3. Proof of high school graduation or completion of a GED. This must be verified by an official high school transcript or an original GED transcript.
4. Proof of immunization status via shot records.
5. Proof that Hepatitis B series will be complete prior to the first clinical beginning the first of October, 2010.
6. CPR training (a current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR card only) is now mandatory prior to registration in August. Call Ranger College at 254-965-8875 or use a provider of your choice.
7. Proof of TB skin test or chest x-ray if test is positive.
8. Proof of completion for A & P 1 or Basic A & P (non credit course)
Students will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis following completion of requirements. A criminal history check and a drug test will be required prior to clinicals beginning in October 1st. We will accept 80 students.