Sojourner - Douglass College
200 N. Central Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
See featured schools
See program details
Nursing Programs OfferedLPN Programs
LPN Program Details
Our goal is to provide a liberal arts and nursing program that prepares students to meet the professional, ethical, and intellectual standards of contemporary nursing. Through S-DC’s value-centered education, students will be able to address the cultural diversity and globalization of today’s health care systems. Nursing students accepted into our program are prepared successfully pass the NCLEX examination for licensure and provide excellent nursing care and leadership in the community.
Our program offers a unique three-year Bachelors’ of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree with a Practical Nursing exit option. Students accepted into our program are prepared to pass the NCLEX for state licensure which will enable them to provide excellent nursing care and leadership in the community. Students learn skills in a clinical-simulation environment and fulfill practicums at dynamic clinical facilities. Committed to student success, our faculty provides both tutoring and “PLUS” courses for high risk students.
Furthermore, our program supports the S-DC’s mission and rich legacy by:
1. Assisting community people in the development of skills and mind sets necessary to gain control over social, political, and economic forces which shape their lives;
2. Providing the climate and orientation necessary for leadership and community development;
3. Fostering greater emphasis on self fulfillment, self renewal, personal liberty, self awareness, self learning, social justice, and self determination;
4. Fostering greater commitment to fundamental social change, diversity, and pluralism; and
5. Providing the student with the opportunity to improve the quality of life for him/herself and the community at large through the acquisition of knowledge, skills, resources and attitudes necessary for a variety of needs.