120 North State Street
Dover, Delaware 19901
See featured schools
See program details
Nursing Programs OfferedBSN Programs
Critical Care Nursing - Bachelor's degree
RN to MSN Programs
BSN Program Details
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program prepares the graduate to take the NCLEX to become a Registered Nurse and to assume a role within the totality of nursing practice. Students begin clinical experiences in the first semester of study and utilize a broad liberal arts and science base to provide nursing interventions in a variety of clinical settings. The BSN graduate is able to demonstrate critical thinking, clinical competence, and a commitment to the value of client oriented nursing care. Through collaborative, accountable and organized practice, the BSN graduate is an advocate to the client and respects other health care workers and their contributions to health care.
Graduates of the BSN:
1. Synthesize knowledge from a liberal education in communication, human experience, scientific literacy, analysis, and global society
2. Apply critical thinking to solve problems and make decisions.
3. Communicate using an ongoing interactive process that builds therapeutic interpersonal relationships
4. Apply the nursing process to provide evidence-based, clinically competent, contemporary professional nursing care.
5. Use information and health care technology with knowledge based on research to provide competent nursing care.
6. Apply leadership and management skills to provide quality and cost-effective health care.
7. Promote healthy lifestyles through health education, community partnerships, and health promotion strategies.
8. Practice within the values, ethics, and standards of professional nursing practice.